ARTGARDENLAURA...living the dream...making pots ,running a business, living a life.

Laura Mayer::509.750.4995::
ARTGARDEN Pottery::104 West Third Ave. Moses Lake, WA 98837::509.765.1333::

New Website::artgardenpottery.com

STORE HOURS::Open EVERYDAY::
M-T:3-7PM, W-TH:12-7PM, FRI & SAT: 10-10PM, & SUN 12-5.
Every 1st Friday OPEN til 12midnight for PAINTTILYAFAINT!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The NEW ARTGARDEN Pottery...coming together....

The shop is finally starting to come together...
 I now have the front window full of some Halloween Bats and Bowls...

 Meanwhile inside the store, I am busy building my front counter complete with columns and trellis. I am using my old barn door from my Saddle Club Barn that I had when I was 6 years old with my first pony and then again in my 30's when the Saddle Club was torn down to make way for Walmart. Such great memories around that barn door....
Took a week to build but I love it!!!
 My old fashioned windows and cabinet remind me of stories of my grandfather's City Bakery in Okanogan in the 50's....I like the idea of an old fashioned Mercantile Store, makes me think of my grandmother Edna working the counter at the Bakery....
 A great orchard ladder, one of my many treasures I have found this summer...will become the trellis between the gift shop and the pottery studio...check out my great grandmother Josephine Mayer's Potters wheel from the wheat ranch on Sagebrush Flats, she was out there in 1902, loving painting, pottery, and gardening...never met her but think of her often....
 Transforming old fixtures and furniture from my past store with paint and plywood to update my look..
Fabulous heavy farm windows that will hang between the gift shop and pottery studio...

So many fun things in store for ARTGARDEN...Follow my progress on facebook @ Artgarden Pottery and under Laura Mayer, come friend me... I update facebook constantly.

Today, going to take a break from remodeling and sit and make some product...just me and the CLAY!

MARK YOUR CALENDARS....GRAND OPENING OCTOBER 1, 2011!!!!!!!

No comments: