ARTGARDENLAURA...living the dream...making pots ,running a business, living a life.

Laura Mayer::509.750.4995::
ARTGARDEN Pottery::104 West Third Ave. Moses Lake, WA 98837::509.765.1333::

New Website::artgardenpottery.com

STORE HOURS::Open EVERYDAY::
M-T:3-7PM, W-TH:12-7PM, FRI & SAT: 10-10PM, & SUN 12-5.
Every 1st Friday OPEN til 12midnight for PAINTTILYAFAINT!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Spring Craft Shows...Can Spring Really Be Around the Corner?

My next big thing...SPOKANE HOME AND GARDEN SHOW at the Spokane Fairgrounds, February 24, 25, 26, & 27!! One month from today....Panic!!
Here is part of my display from last years Flower Show in Seattle, I did well there but, boy, it was just too expensive. So I will be trying Spokane this year...


So... have I been spending the weeks following Christmas diligently working on product??...What do you think...nope.

I have been sleeping in, making it into work doing some purging. I brought in my giant garbage can and filled it all up with old dried out clay. Threw away a bunch of student work that I haven't seen the students for a few years, didn't figure they wanted that half finished project.

I have been sketching lots, been catching up with my community service groups: riding my horse getting ready for the Posse & sketching and designing ads for the Columbia Basin Allied Arts Spring Art Soiree & Auction for April 15 event.

I have also gotten the SPRING ART CLASSES AT THE MOSES LAKE MUSEUM AND ART CENTER finally submitted. Here is a link for February Classes...the rest of the Spring Art Classes should be up in a few days. You should check it out, there are going to be some fun classes for all ages.

I am trying to sporatically toss and organize, because I am preparing and praying for MY BIG MOVE, I want to move my store to Moses Lake soon. I think I have a strong lead on a building...I will know more about that in the next few days. So that is so exciting and it makes it hard to concentrate.

When what I really need to be doing is making more of these.... BUGS!!



And lots more of these...SPRING GREEN POTS. I think I am almost completely sold out of my green bowls...so popular.




I am also hoping to make some CLAY TILE QUOTES mounted on barnwood for the home and garden.

Yes, I am a little panicked about only four weeks to get lots made. Unfortunately, that is just how I roll. I think you have to have some downtime to regroup and get ready for the next big push. So for now it is off to stock up on inventory...

I will let you all know as soon as I find out about the BIG MOVE...cross your fingers for ME!Exciting times ahead, its gonna be bigger & better...can't wait!!!

Time to wrestle some clay...Lala

1 comment:

Jennifer Bonney Slack said...

I love your pots! They are beautiful! I can see why people want them.