ARTGARDENLAURA...living the dream...making pots ,running a business, living a life.

Laura Mayer::509.750.4995::
ARTGARDEN Pottery::104 West Third Ave. Moses Lake, WA 98837::509.765.1333::

New Website::artgardenpottery.com

STORE HOURS::Open EVERYDAY::
M-T:3-7PM, W-TH:12-7PM, FRI & SAT: 10-10PM, & SUN 12-5.
Every 1st Friday OPEN til 12midnight for PAINTTILYAFAINT!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Cleaning...

Okay after the mad flurry of the Flower Show it took me about a week to rest up and then started the spring cleaning...life as an artist is a rollercoaster. Periods of intense deadline focused work, then the deadline, then the aftermath: a period of cleaning up and putting away all that was set aside when you were in the intense flow of creative work... I don't think I am alone in this, am I? I talk to my other artist friends and they experience the same thing. Talking to my friend Cass Barney and she said "when we organize and clean our studios that is time to reflect and get ready to be creative again..."
True...I don't feel guilty for organizing it helps me for the times when I am in the creative flow of work and don't have time to clean up, I don't feel bad then either.
I am trying to plan better...to set little deadlines for myself. So I don't have to race 100mph 16 hours a day when I come up on the next big deadline.


Trying to get the creative juices flowing again...cleared my white board the other day, cranked up the music and decided to just fill it with sketches...my ideas, inspiration that swirls in my head...no to do lists, that is for another place... It is good, I like this giant sketchbook page visible in my studio and all the white countertops clean and waiting for my next creative adventure. Life is good here at the ARTGARDEN ready to burst into spring!!!

There is nothing...really not much better, than the hope and promise of new buds bursting forth in the spring...my favorite time of year...a fresh start.



No comments: