ARTGARDENLAURA...living the dream...making pots ,running a business, living a life.

Laura Mayer::509.750.4995::
ARTGARDEN Pottery::104 West Third Ave. Moses Lake, WA 98837::509.765.1333::

New Website::artgardenpottery.com

STORE HOURS::Open EVERYDAY::
M-T:3-7PM, W-TH:12-7PM, FRI & SAT: 10-10PM, & SUN 12-5.
Every 1st Friday OPEN til 12midnight for PAINTTILYAFAINT!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Show Entries...

It is that time of year to submit entries and photos to various shows around the region. I find that it is a great place to interact with a large customer base and I have a great range of price points...from $5 Ladybugs to $200 birdbaths. I enjoy doing the art festivals in the summer...
I submitted to a few on the west side of the state by Seattle as well as a few around Spokane to the east...now I just have to hope and wait to see if I get in so I can plan my summer, oh the not knowing!!! Here's to a successful summer...

Garden ART...handmade ceramic Flowers on rebar, and lots and lots of bugs...Slugs, Snails, Worms, Ladybugs and more...

These bright colored Spring Green Pots are always popular...a little art for the kitchen...


Thumbpots...an ancient watering technique, I first saw these in Colonial Williamsburg Virginia. This is how the colonist would water their gardens, no hoses then. Each pot has holes in the bottom, you dip them in the water to fill them and then plug it with your thumb, then lift your thumb and the water drains out...magic!! These have been around since the ancient Greeks, they called them 'Water Theifs'. Clever Greeks!!!


I took that ancient idea and added my own colorful spin...everything is better with color!



Here is a shot of my booth...shows always like to see how you display your work! Sometimes that is an art in itself...I enjoy setting up my booth I always like to make it look like a fun little gift shop, people seem to like it...I got Best in Show at Bellevue last year, so exciting!!!



No comments: