ARTGARDENLAURA...living the dream...making pots ,running a business, living a life.

Laura Mayer::509.750.4995::
ARTGARDEN Pottery::104 West Third Ave. Moses Lake, WA 98837::509.765.1333::

New Website::artgardenpottery.com

STORE HOURS::Open EVERYDAY::
M-T:3-7PM, W-TH:12-7PM, FRI & SAT: 10-10PM, & SUN 12-5.
Every 1st Friday OPEN til 12midnight for PAINTTILYAFAINT!

Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Second Post

Finally a second post, I am in Utah and my friend is helping me enter blogland. So here goes... Put my life on hold back home and headed to my friends for a little mini vacation. I went to college in Utah and taught school for several years, I left in 1998 and haven't been back since 2003...so it has been a long time since I have seen a lot of these people... Happiness is visiting my good friend with nothing to do but visit and paint.... currently in artistic recharge mode visiting my fabulous famous artist friend Cassandra Barney and her wonderful family in Utah.
I took one oil painting class in college which wasn't very good it has been a good 15 years since I picked up an oil painting brush...I have learned more in the last few days than I did in a semester at school... Loving this oil paint, it is quite fun, I might have found a new art medium....and you know what that means...ART SUPPLIES!!!! So fun.
Here is Cass and I painting away in her sunfilled studio... this is where the magic happens. Cass is one of my very best friends, I have known her and her wonderful husband, Dan since college. Cass and I taught art together at the Waterford School in Salt Lake City years ago. It is such a treat to visit her and her family. Nice to push pause on my hectic life and come visit friends....


We have been painting when we can, took a trip to Sari's Art Room, Cass's sister that teaches ceramics and art at Pleasant Grove High School. We were talking glaze and clay projects, so fun.
Here in Utah until Saturday, and then back working hard in the studio on Monday. I am busy getting ready for the Issaquah Salmon Days Craft Show on Saturday & Sunday, Oct. 3 & 4.




No comments: